Monday, October 6, 2014

Want to Party? Do You Truly Serve Customers? If So, Read and Celebrate. If Not, Read and Refocus.

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I love special occasions.  Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, buying the latest electronic gadget.  If there is a reason to celebrate you can count me in.

The current reason for celebration and my token gifts to you follow.

Just in case you didn't get the invite, October 6th through October 10th is National Customer Service Week 2014.  It's time to party hearty.   If you are not familiar with this week, below is a very brief description, courtesy of the Professional Association for Customer Engagement (+PACE Association).


"In 1984 the International Customer Service Association (ICSA), which since merged with PACE, created and launched National Customer Service Week™.  In 1991, the Executive Board of the ICSA, working with members of the Commerce Committee of the United States Congress, drafted and passed Senate Resolution 166 designating the first week of October as Customer Service Week.   On October 8, 1992, President George H. W. Bush signed Presidential Proclamation 6485 establishing the first week of October as National Customer Service Week™......During National Customer Service Week, many companies across the United States celebrate the week with fun and creative celebrations  with their staff." 

Presents always make celebrations much more fun;  therefore, I am offering two.

First, is a link to a great Forbes article from +Micah Solomon.  It concerns the focus on customer service every enterprise should have.  Recommended reading if you want the spirit of customer service to shine all year long.  Thanks Micah!


 http://www.forbes.com/sites/micahsolomon/2014/10/05/customer-service-week-6-ways-to-make-it-last-the-whole-year/

Secondly, I am sharing a present received from +Zaxby's.  My last post concerned a disappointing experience with my local Zaxby's restaurant and the customer service lessons we all should remember.  I tagged Zaxby's social networks in my blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook page posts.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a prompt response to my Tweet.



This nicely wrapped response provides evidence that Zaxby's gets it when it comes to the importance of social media in today's customer service environment.   Businesses that wish to succeed should have the listening frequency of their customer service operations tuned to every social network channel that could impact the brand.  

Due to manner in which they have been handling this matter, even though it appears they are training some new personnel, I have visited the local Zaxby's several times since my initial post.  Good customer service personnel, supported by the appropriate systems, keeps the revenue flowing.

Happy National Customer Service Week!

To receive notice of future blog posts, you can follow me via TwitterFacebook LinkedIn, or Goggle+.

I also invite you to view my website and Pinterest content.

#CustomerService
#CustomerExperience
#CustomerSatisfaction
#Badservice


No comments:

Post a Comment