Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fathers Day, Running and A Great Customer Experience



I enjoy running.  It's a family thing that began years ago and is part of our fitness regiment.

We are members of the Atlanta (ATL)Track Club and look forward each 4th of July to participating in the 10K Peachtree Road Race.  As a tune-up for the Peachtree, one of my daughters, son and I began running the track club's Atlanta Braves 5K race held in June.  It usually occurs the Saturday of Fathers Day weekend and this year was no exception.  Getting to kickoff the weekend and bond with my kids in this manner is special.  It is one of the best gifts I could ever ask for.



Besides quality family time, the ATL Track Club and Atlanta Braves made the day special by delivering a great customer experience.   My "CE" radar is always on, so I continually observe how organizations deliver service to their customers.  I must say that the Track Club has consistently done a good job of meeting and often exceeding my expectations.

From the ease of online pre-registration, to race day execution, to the post-race, game day experience, their delivery was admirable.  Just a few examples:

- Being greeted before 6AM race day morning by people who were genuinely beaming, with broad smiles, welcoming you to the event.
- Representatives readily available, walking around the large staging area with gigantic signs that read "Got Questions, I Can Help".
- Volunteers positioned along the race course cheering and offering encouragement to all participants as they ran by.
- A "wow" factor of being able to complete the race by crossing the finish line located behind home plate inside of Turner Field, the Atlanta Braves Stadium.
- Having final race results for all 1,613 runners tabulated and available online shortly after the race ended. This included individual times and placement within several participant categories.
- An online satisfaction survey made available immediately after the race designed to make next year's event even better.

A good experience indeed.  The type of experience everyone who serves others can learn from and should seek to deliver.

I tweeted about this experience over the weekend and welcome you to follow me on Twitter at @marvhight.  

As a post Father's Day tribute to all the men (and women) who are the Daddy's to their kids, I hope you enjoy this fun video:  I'm a Daddy Video / Father's Day Anthem  (http://culsire.com/2014/05/27/fathers-day-anthem-im-a-daddy/)





#CustomerService
#CustomerSatisfaction
#CustomerCare
#AtlantaTrackClub
#AtlantaBraves
#Family

No comments:

Post a Comment