Monday, June 9, 2014

Life and Favor: The Voice, Passion, Journey and Mission

I love music.  All types of music. You name the genre and I probably have it on one of my playlists.   Music inspires and helps me get the creative juices flowing. That is why I'm sitting here with my headphones on typing the initial post for my blog, The Tower View.   I am seeking the "perfect post" for my initial foray;  however, I recognize that perfection  is often an elusive target, so I will pray for the best.

If you are wondering why the perfect post, well, this posting is part of a new phase in my professional and personal life.  I recently left a nice managerial job with a sound company doing big things in the communications industry, Level 3 Communications.  The move was not made hastily and was the culmination of much  introspection, prayer, reading, self-development exercises and counsel with trusted associates. In a time where trading the stability of a steady income for the risks of a new venture might cause many to question one's sanity, my desire for the "perfect post" is to clearly explain what drove me to make the move.  Hopefully it can help others.

At the end of the day, my reason for leaving boiled down to a small voice inside of me; a small voice whose volume increased steadily as the days went by.  The voice is one we all have if we listen intently enough.  It guides and helps protect, letting us know if the components in our life are pretty much in sync or if some fine tuning is required.

In my case, the voice motivated (and sometimes pushed) me to a point of discovery.  It was at this point that I fully embraced the truth that in order to be the most successful in my personal and business life, it would require me to ensure the efforts I put forth each day were fully aligned with my core values; that my compassion and passion for helping others succeed needed to be a cornerstone of my daily pursuits.

In a recent article in Success Magazine, Bishop T.D. Jakes states that when we listen to our instinct and follow it to realize our potential it produces "the innate satisfaction that comes from giving the gifts that you and you alone can contribute to the world."  It is around my core values and passion for helping people and organizations that I have fashioned Marvin Hightower Enterprises (MHE).  I have been blessed to have had a career that enabled me to acquire an array of skills and experiences from which others can benefit in pursuit of their goals and objectives.  As I begin this new journey, my MHE mission is to be the best I can be for my family, friends, clients and business partners.

More of what I offer to help accomplish this mission can be found on my website (www.marvinhightower.com).  I invite you to review the site, follow my blog and other social networking channels.

At the outset, I stated that I love all types of  music.  I won't tell you the number of songs I've listen to while writing this, but will share that one of the songs is entitled Life and Favor, a gospel song by John P. Kee and New Life.  It reflects upon the personal stories one has in life and things overcome to be delivered to a place of peace and prosperity.  I view the time you have taken to read this post as another favor that has been added to my life.  I hope I can return the favor at some point in the future.



#CoreValues
#Blessings
#Success
#Passion


No comments:

Post a Comment