Wednesday, August 20, 2014

To Serve and Protect...Pray for The "Customer" and The "Supplier" in Ferguson


I normally prepare my weekly blog update Sunday for publication on Monday.  To my dismay, I have had difficulty writing this week's post.  This is primarily due to the attention I have been paying to the unfortunate events unfolding in Ferguson, Missouri (USA).  I have a son around the same age as the young man who lost his life. I also have family in law enforcement; as a result, the events strike a special chord with me.

I am an advocate for positive customer experiences.  Helping organizations deliver such experiences to the best of their ability is my passion.  In my blog, I use personal encounters and occasionally current news events to drive home key points relative to customer care.  My intent is to always write from the heart; to put a "face" on these points with the hope they will benefit everyone seeking to better serve and satisfy their customers.  

My struggle with this week's post is rooted in a mental back-and-forth I have had concerning the situation in #Ferguson. Specifically, whether or not it is appropriate to analyze parallels between the relationship local citizens (customer) have with law enforcement (supplier), and basic customer care principles that should drive all customer focused organizations.  For example:
  • A supplier's vision of the optimal service it can deliver, centered on the customer.
  • Truly understanding what the customer wants.
  • Understanding what the supplier can consistently deliver and seeking to incrementally improve upon that.

Professionally, I have an interest in expounding upon these aspects due to correlations I believe exist; however, the tragic and deeply human aspect of this situation compel me to suppress this interest.  A set of core values and sensitivity to others are paramount to delivering the best #CustomerService and #CustomerExperience possible.  In the spirit of this belief, I will close this week's post with a tweet from @marvhight I shared last week.





No comments:

Post a Comment